"A treat - meant for you"
Shiatsu is a therapeutic bodywork with a holistic approach, originating from Japan. It is based on the theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine, just like Acupuncture.
Each and every Shiatsu session is different and completely tailor made, based on what sort of symptoms you present, how you feel and how your energy presents itself. Shiatsu aims to address the cause of your symptoms instead of just focusing on the symptom itself.
After your therapist made the oriental diagnosis, she will use different techniques, such as applying pressure, manipulative techniques, joint mobilisation, rocking, stretches, muscle energy and fascia release techniques throughout the treatment, to encourage your body to rebalance itself and thereby resolving the symptoms it presents.
Having regular Shiatsu treatments is a great way to:
- promote your general health and wellbeing;
- alleviate chronic and acute aches and pains;
- reduce stress, anxiety level and tension;
- increase your energy level;
- improve your sleeping, digestion and life quality;
- let go of unwanted patterns of thinking, emotions or behaviour.